The Royal Thai Government’s Scholarship for ACMECS Member Countries: Global MBA Program at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce
The Royal Thai Government, in cooperation with the Thai ACMECS Business Council, offers scholarships for potential individuals working in the private sector of ACMECS member countries, namely Lao PDR, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam to study the Global MBA Program at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) in Bangkok, Thailand. This scholarship program will be open for two batches in two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018.
Global MBA Program (2-Year Program)
INTRODUCTION The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) is unique through its link with the Thai Chamber of Commerce. This link ensures that the focus of the program is to offer managers knowledge that is not only up to date, but also relevant and useful for managers or business owners.
Established in 1989, the MBA in International Business (Global MBA) was the first program of its kind opened in Thailand to be conducted entirely in English. Quality is exceedingly important, and the program maintains small class sizes to allow for an interactive problem-based learning approach. Having both international students and instructors contribute to the diverse mix of nationalities and cultures represented in the class room, leading to a truly international experience in learning. Additionally, exchange program with various world-class universities allow for visiting professors to share their experiences, and also for students to study abroad if they wish.
+ PROGRAM RATIONALE
The world business environment is becoming increasingly competitive to the point that even a local business is finding itself facing foreign competition. World events and technology have brought unforeseen challenges and speed of change unprecedented in history. Product life cycles are shorter and competition is no longer bound by national borders due partly to e-commerce, enhanced communications, and modern distribution systems. Global managers must seek knowledge and learn how theories can be applied to help solve the unstructured problems faced each day.
+ PROGRAM OBJECTIVES The main objectives of the MBA Global Program is to provide professional training for business people to enable them to solve problems and make effective decision across a broad range of business topics such as issues related to management, marketing, or finance. As such, it offers courses covering a wide range of topics with the overall goal being to expand and enhance the abilities and tools available for effective problem-solving and decision- making in business. The program is to produce competent personnel of qualified competence in global business management to serve the growing needs of the business sector, besides
providing MBA graduates with ethical and moral conscience for enhanced social responsibility as well.
+ MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN International Business Management
SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABILITY FOR 2017
2 full scholarships for each of the following countries, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Vietnam, totaling 8 scholarships in 2017.
The scholarship covers following expenses:
- Education fees
- Life and health insurance
- Settlement allowance 6,000 THB
- Living and accommodation allowances 16,000 THB per month
- Thesis and textbooks costs
- Visa extension
- Round trip international traveling expenses
· Be a citizen of Lao PDR, Myanmar, Cambodia or Vietnam
· Work in private sector in Lao PDR, Myanmar, Cambodia or Vietnam
· Have completed a bachelor’s degree in any field of study
· Hold GPAX at least 3.00 (in 4.00 scales), or work experience not less than one year, and/or 550 TOEFL scores or 6.0 IELTS scores minimum.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application documents:
- 3 copies of the Royal Thai Government’s scholarship application form
- A copy of UTCC’s graduate application form (QF-GS-027)
- A copy of bachelor’s degree certificate
- A copy of transcript
- A copy of passport
- 3 UTCC’s recommendation forms (QF-GS-029)
- 3 photographs of the applicant (2 inches)
- One-page statement of proposed thesis/independent study topics
- Submit all application documents to Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Yangon, Phnom Penh and Hanoi.